Introducing the Tide Calendar
Welcome to the beginnings of The Creative Tide. I brainstormed a creative calendar to introduce some interesting themes to think about, and now it looks like we will have a fun year ahead of us. I hope that by sharing themes in advance, people will have more time to create art and poetry for the themes that resonate with them.
This month's theme: Water
For the first monthly art and poetry round-up, the creative submission period will be open for two months instead of one as more and more people learn about the Tide, so please tell your friends! The theme for August and September 2022 is "Welcome to the Tide," or welcome to the community. We are accepting art and poetry submissions that flow with the theme of water.
Questions to consider
Does being from an ocean community make you feel connected to nature or others?
When you think of the Tide, what words, ideas, images or feelings come to mind?
What ideas or feelings can you describe or illustrate through metaphors of water?
We are accepting submissions through the third Friday of each month and want to publish the round-up by the final Friday. For this period, we will accept creative submissions from August 15th-September 23rd and will publish by September 30th.
0. Introduce the Round Up - August 2022
1. Welcome to the Tide - September 2022
2. Climate Change is Scary - October 2022
3. Pumpkin Spice - November 2022
4. The 2022 Round Up - December 2022
Year End Theme
5. The 2023 Vision Board - January 2023
New Year Theme
6. I Freaking Love my Hometown - February 2023
7. Spring Flowers and Grrl Power - March 2023
8. Earth Day, All Month All Year - April 2023
9. Mental Health Awareness - May 2023
Mental Health Theme
10. Strawberries in the Summer - June 2023
11. Small Town Adventures - July 2023
12. Think Global, Act Local - August 2023
Big Picture Theme
13. Earth, Wind, and Fire - September 2023
14. What's in the Ocean? - October 2023
15. Thankful and Grateful - November 2023
16. The 2023 Round Up - December 2023
Year End Theme