The Vision for the Tide
What I actually had in mind
1. Start by organizing a comprehensive list of helpful information and resources for the cities of Ventura, Carpinteria, and Santa Barbara.
2. Focus on finding and sharing good community resources.
3. Get a domain name for my website.
4. Make this information accessible online for anyone who may someday come across this website. There are so many resources on the internet and around the city, but often times, they're too hard to find and there's already too much going on in social media!
5. Get more involved and reach out to local organizations who'd like to connect on The Community Tide for more online visibility.
6. Let the Tide move naturally. Share it by word of mouth, write a press release, and print some fliers. However, for the sake of my own mental health, I don't see myself seriously using social media. This website will remain online for anyone who would like to check (We are currently here).
7. Consider actually registering The Community Tide as a LLC (For now, at least, this is not a magazine or business. This is just another creative side project for a young independent woman who already has too many creative side projects).
I would like to plan daily and monthly themes for my media content and to help organize classes, clubs, and community events.
Monday - Community
Tuesday - Writing
Wednesday - Art
Thursday - Wellness
Friday - Recreation
Weekend - Appreciation
But will I make it that far?
The vision is to provide a local online resource that will kindly direct you to the help you may need or inform you of something new. This is a community minded project that was created to organize and share helpful information with locals who might not all have full access to social media.
The greater potential of The Community Tide really depends on the support of the community because this resource could simply exist on the internet, or it can grow into a grassroots publication with engaging local content and possible community events.
We'll see how it goes.
An every/other weekly blog that tries to get to the point.